After a looooong break I´ve finally returned to the project with the memorial of the outbreak of WW1. My original plan was to be finished painting by the time, but things never work according to plan. Ever.
So I´m now finally back painting the French Navy that started collecting dust. I had primed them already, but now I finally found the motivation to start basecoating assembly-line style with my airbrush, the new shiny weapon in my arsenal.
Basecoating them in grey was thus a quick affair and much less tedious than hand-painting them all as I only had to touch up small areas that I missed with the airbrush.
The tan deck had to be painted the old-fashioned way using a brush. Now the ships are waiting to receive a wash and their final highlights.
After that they should look roughly like their elder brethren I finished in december.
And after that, the bad part is still waiting: Identifying all the ships in order to prepare their bases... I have no idea which ship is which class after all those months...